15 Affirmations For Anxiety
To Help You Calm Yourself
Affirmations for anxiety is one way of dealing with anxiety problems.
Repeating these affirmations over and over again can have a calming and soothing effect.
Anxiety disorder is when you fear something and are anxious about it, but you don’t know what you fear. Anxiety is often triggered by stress. Some people are more vulnerable to anxiety than others, but even those who become anxious easily can learn to manage it well.
We can also make ourselves anxious with "negative self-talk" - a habit of always telling ourselves the worst will happen. A simple antidote is positive self talk. Everyone indulges in self talk. What’s the harm in having a positive self talk?
As anxiety is basically a mind problem, the solution also has to be a mind solution. If anxiety is caused by thoughts of the fear of the unknown, then thoughts of calmness, peace, security, confidence, etc. can be a solution. Affirmations are one way of having such thoughts.
Another way is to practise deep abdominal breathing. This consists of breathing in deeply and slowly through your nose, taking the air right down to you abdomen. Say the word "calm" to yourself as you breathe in. Then breathe out slowly and gently.
As you breathe out visualise the stress and tension leaving your body with your breath and think the word "relax." Deliberately let your muscles go floppy as you breathe out.
Take three deep breaths at a time. If you breathe deeply for too long, you may feel dizzy from the extra oxygen.
You can repeat the three breaths after a short time of breathing normally.
Another excellent antidote is physical exercise. When you do physical exertion, the body produces certain chemicals and hormones which are beneficial to the body as well as the mind. One starts feeling good. This helps in driving away anxiety. Repeating one or more of the anxiety affirmations given below when exercising will also help greatly.
There are many ways to manage anxiety. Repeating affirmations for anxiety is one. However, also consult your physician along with repeating the affirmations.
Affirmations For Anxiety
- I am cool, calm and collected.
- Every breath I inhale calms me and every breath I exhale takes away tension.
- Every cell in my body is relaxed and oozes calmness.
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally.
- As the wonderful, soothing energy of the Universe enters my body, I accept myself completely and deeply, without any reservations.
- I am confident about solving life’s problems successfully.
- I transcend stress of any kind. I live in peace.
- I am social and I like meeting people.
- All is well in my world and I am safe.
- With every breath, I release the anxiety within me and I become more and more calm.
- The future is good. I look towards it with hope and happiness.
- Life is wonderful. I trust in God/Universe to live a well fulfilled life.
- I overcome my fear of anything and everything and live life courageously.
- I acknowledge that the only constant in life is change and am prepared for it.
- I am free of anxiety and continue to do so.
Repeating affirmations for anxiety should not be your only treatment for anxiety. Consult your doctor and follow his advice.
If you would like to listen to soothing meditation music when saying your affirmations, click here.
Another way of treating anxiety is through hypnosis. Anxiety is mainly a problem of the mind. Hypnosis helps to connect directly with the subconscious mind. As the subconscious mind holds our beliefs which in turn guide our life, if we can reprogram the subconscious mind, it should become easier to control or even cure the anxiety problem.
Hypnosis MP3s and CDs contain anxiety affirmations that counter our feelings of anxiety and help us control or get rid of anxiety.
you search in Google, you will literally find thousands of sites offering
hypnosis CDs or MP3 downloads on a variety of topics. It is very easy to
get confused about choosing the hypnosis website that is best for you. After
all, you cannot test the MP3s or CDs from many sites and then decide.
done that job for you. Being a trained hypnotist myself, it was easy for me to
check out the best hypnosis MP3s and CDs in the market. So here goes. I found
the following CDs and MP3 downloads as one of the best on the internet.
Click on each link below to learn more about the download and then decide
whether you would like to buy them. What is wonderful about them is that they
come with a 90-day money-back guarantee! Go get them.
You may also like: Why Hypnosis Can Cure Social Anxiety
^Top of Page
The ebook The Magic of Affirmations is now available for sale at amazon.com