57 Success Quotes that Explain Success
Welcome to Success Quotes which will help you define success.
See what famous and successful people have to say about success.
But seriously, what is success? Different people have different answers for this question.
Some people equate success with money. It means the more money you have, the more successful you are. Is it so?
For some others, success means achieving the goals that you have set. For example, winning a medal in the Olympic Games, becoming CEO of a company, etc.
And then there are some others who measure success as the positive impact that their work has on the lives of other people.
Success quotes given below give the different perspectives of different people about success.
There are many people who view success as a journey and not as a destination. Read the success quotes given below to find your own definition of success.
Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.
Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe,
and enthusiastically act upon... must inevitably come to pass!
~ Paul J. Meyer
Success is a journey,
not a destination.
~ Ben Sweetland
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
~ Robert Collier
There is only one success - to be able to spend your life your own way.
~ Christopher Morley
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
~ Doug Larson
Success follows doing what you want to do. There is no other
way to be successful.
~ Malcolm Forbes
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
~ Henry David Thoreau
You must do the thing
you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
A minute's success
pays the failure of years.
~ Robert Browning
If at first you do succeed,
try something harder.
~ Ann Landers
Victory is sweetest when
you've known defeat.
~ Malcolm Forbes
- You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments or publicity.~ Dr. O. A. Battista
- I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
~ Herbert Bayard Swope
- I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.
~ Abraham Lincoln
- If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
~ Albert Einstein
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.
~ Bob Dylan
- You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.~ Mary Pickford
- Sow a thought, and you reap an act;
Sow an act, and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit, and you reap a character;
Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.
~ Source unknown
- When I was a young man I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work.~ George Bernard Shaw
- The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.~ Anonymous
- Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.~ Winston Churchill
- Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.~ Winston Churchill
- There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no insurmountable barrier except our own inherent weakness of purpose.~ Elbert Hubbard
- Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.~ Andrew Carnegie
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.~ Oliver Goldsmith
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
~ Vince Lombardi
- Success in life is not for those who run fast, but for those who keep running and are always on the move.
~ Bangambiki Habyarimana
- Success can be defined in many ways but failure in only one ... quitting!
~ Gerard de Marigny
Success doesn’t mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives. It means winning the war, not every battle.
~ Edwin C. Bliss
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
~ Abraham Lincoln
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.- Henry David Thoreau
- The only place where success comes before work is in the
~ Vidal Sassoon
- Striving for success without hard work is like trying to
harvest where you haven’t planted.
~ David Bly
- You’ve achieved success in your field when you don’t know
whether what you’re doing is work or play.
~ Warren Beatty
- If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if
you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Success isn't about how much money you make. It's about the
difference you make in people's lives.
~ Michelle Obama
- It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than
~ J. K Rowling
- The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up
with the rain.
~ Dolly Parton
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen,
others make it happen.
~ Michael Jordan
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less
traveled by. And that has made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost
up one idea. Make that one idea your life--think of it, dream of it, live on
that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of
that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to
~ Swami Vivekananda
does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a
~ George Bernard Shaw
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist
sees opportunity in every difficulty.
~ Winston Churchill
- "If you are working on something that you really care
about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.
~ Steve Jobs
whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do,
and then do it.
~ Henry Ford
- Success seems to be connected with action.
Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t
~ Conrad Hilton
- Patience, persistence and
perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
- If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d
spend six hours sharpening my axe.
~ Abraham Lincoln
- Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be
~ Herman Cain
- When it is obvious that the goals cannot be
reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
- All progress takes place outside the comfort
~ Michael John Bobak
- Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement
~ Robert Kiyosaki
- If you really look closely, most overnight
successes took a long time.
- Success is not the absence of failure; it’s
the persistence through
~ Aisha Tyler
- The secret of success in life is for a man to be
ready for his opportunity when it comes.
~ Benjamin Disraeli
- Success consists of getting up just one more time
than you fall.
~ Oliver Goldsmith
- A successful man is one who can lay a firm
foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.
~ David Brinkley