30 Positive Thinking Quotes that Show the Brighter Side of Life
Welcome to Positive Thinking Quotes. Positive thinking gets positive results. The following quotes by eminent people underline the importance of positive thinking. To know more about positive thinking, click here.
Let us start with some positive quotes from Sir Winston Churchill, famed orator, statesman extraordinary and Prime Minister of England during the second World War.
- The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.~ Winston Churchill
- Speaking for myself, I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.~ Winston Churchill
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~ Winston Churchill
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 – 1882) was an American essayist, poet, and leader of the Transcendentalist movement in the early nineteenth century. Innumerable quotes of his are famous and found all over the internet. The following are some of his positive thinking quotes.
- So of cheerfulness, or a good temper, the more it is spent, the more of it remains.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- People only see what they are prepared to see.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Some More Positive Thinking Quotes
Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) from India won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 for his collection of poems titled Gitanjali.
- I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.~ Rabindranath Tagore
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.~ Willie Nelson (American country singer)
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them.~ Henri Matisse
- When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"~ Sydney Harris
- When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The habit of looking on the bright side of every event is worth more than a thousand pounds a year.~ Samuel Johnson
- I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams.~ Dr. Jonas Salk
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.~ Helen Keller
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.~ Anthony J. D'Angelo
- We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Pessimism never won any battle.~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- The World is what we think it is. If we can change our thoughts, we can change the world.~ H.M. Tomlinson
- If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.~ Swami Vivekananda
- Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.~ Author Unknown
- Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.~ Doug Larson
- A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.~ Ken Keyes, Jr.
- We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.~ Talmud
- Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes.~ Henry Kaiser
- Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars.~ Frederick Langbridge
- He who limps is still walking.~ Stanislaw J. Lec
- A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.~ Harry Truman
- Act as if it were impossible to fail.~ Dorothy Broude
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.~ Robert Louis Stevenson
End of Positive Thinking Quotes.
^Top of Page
The ebook, The Magic of Affirmations, is now available for sale at amazon.com