80 Self Esteem Quotes
to Help Increase Your Self Worth
Welcome to self esteem quotes. Self esteem is so important that every successful/famous person has said something about it. The quotes given below will show you just how important self esteem is.
Self esteem is what one thinks about oneself. You may have either a high opinion or a low opinion about yourself. High opinion is always better.
Psychological survival and development is extremely difficult without self esteem.
All of us have a distinct identity and we attach a value to it. Whether this value is high or low makes a big difference to the kind of life that we lead.
Why a high self esteem is better and how to bring it about with the use of affirmations is given here. The self esteem quotes given below tell us about the importance of high self esteem.
Click here to know more about self esteem and its importance.
These self esteem quotes can also be termed as self respect quotes or as self worth quotes.
Self Esteem Quotes 1
The first step toward being loved is learning to love what you see when you look in the mirror.
~ Tadahiko Nagao
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.~ Lucille Ball
- It is easy to live for others, everybody does. I call on you to live for yourselves.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.
~ Ayn Rand
- One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.~ Shannon L. Alder
- People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.
~ Dan Pearce
- Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves.
~ Nathaniel Branden,
- Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.~ Malcolm S. Forbes
- A person places themselves on a level with the ones they praise.~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Respect yourself if you would have others respect you.~ Baltasar Gracian
- He that overvalues himself will undervalue others, and he that undervalues others will oppress them.~ Samuel Johnson
- That kind of life is most happy which affords us most opportunities of gaining our own esteem.~ Samuel Johnson
- A person's worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves.~ Jean De La Bruvere
- We are valued in this world at the rate we desire to be valued.~ Jean De La Bruvere
- The confidence which we have in ourselves gives birth to much of that which we have in others.~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld
- Morale is self esteem in action.~ Avery Weisman
- A man can stand a lot if he can stand himself.~ Axel Munthe
Self Esteem Quotes 2
Low self esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
~ Maxwell Maltz
- A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.~ David Brinkley
- What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.~ Henry David Thoreau
- Self-love is not opposed to the love of other people. You cannot really love yourself and do yourself a favor without doing people a favor, and vise versa.~ Karl A. Menninger
- Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.~ Author Unknown
- We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm.~ Winston Churchill
- It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.~ W.C. Fields
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.~ Haim Ginott
- People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.~ Author Unknown
- The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.~ Paul Tillich
Self Esteem Quotes 3
- Of all our infirmities, the most savage is to despise our being.~ Michel de Montaigne
- In essence, you are neither inferior nor superior to anyone. True self-esteem and true humility arise out of that realization. In the eyes of the ego, self-esteem and humility are contradictory. In truth, they are one and the same.
~ Eckhart Tolle
- The image that concerns most people is the reflection they see in other people's minds.
~ Edward De Bono
- The most stable, and therefore, the most healthy self-esteem is based on deserved respect from others rather than on external fame or celebrity and unwarranted adulation.
~ Abraham Maslow
- As soon as you stop making everyone else responsible for your happiness, the happier you’ll be.
~ Nina Guilbeau
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.~ Les Brown
- They are the weakest, however strong, who have no faith in themselves or their own powers.~ Christian Bovee
- A human being's first responsibility is to shake hands with himself.~ Henry Winkler
- Your problem is you're... too busy holding onto your unworthiness.~ Ram Dass
- Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic.~ Jean Sibelius
- When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.~ African Proverb
- The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.~ Sonya Friedman
- He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.~ Olin Miller
- If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners.~ Laurence Sterne
Self Esteem Quotes 4
- Having a low opinion of yourself is not "modesty". It's self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not "egotism". It's a necessary precondition to happiness and success.~ Bobbe Sommer
- You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won't do a thing unless you believe it yourself.
~ Criss Jami
- If someone does not consider those around them to be valuable and hold only themselves in high regard, they too have a very bad self-esteem.
~ Stephen Richards
- Respect yourself and others will respect you.~ Confucius
- Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.~ Nathaniel Branden
- Appreciation and self-love are the most important tools that you could ever nurture. Appreciation of others, and the appreciation of yourself is the closest vibrational match to your Source Energy of anything that we've ever witnessed anywhere in the Universe.~ Abraham
- All things splendid have been achieved by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance.~ Bruce Barton
- Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.~ Albert Einstein
- The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.~ E. E. Cummings
- The greatest success is successful self-acceptance.~ Ben Sweet
- Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.~ Marva Collins
- We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our worst enemy.~ Roderick Thorp
- The strongest single factor in acquiring abundance is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.~ Jerry Gillies
Self Esteem Quotes 5
- To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- A man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.~ Author Unknown
- To have that sense of one's intrinsic worth which constitutes self-respect is potentially to have everything.~ Joan Didion
- Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your own estimate.~ Author Unknown
- Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.~Iyanla Vanzant
- Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who holds a low opinion of himself.~ Anthony Trollope
- I believe with all my heart that the cliches are true, that we are our own best friends and best company, and that if you're not right for yourself, it's impossible to be right for anyone.~ Rachel Machacek
- It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Self Esteem Quotes 6
- Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.~ Clark Moustakas
- You can’t build joy on a feeling of self-loathing.~ Ram Dass
- Self-love, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting.~ William Shakespeare
- When you feel good about yourself, others will feel good about you, too.~ Jake Steinfeld
- The most difficult secret for a man to keep is the opinion he has of himself.~ Marcel Pagnol
- There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.~ Nathaniel Branden
- If we really love ourselves, everything in our life works.~Louise Hay
- Self-esteem is as necessary to the spirit as food is to the body.~ Dr. Maxwell Maltz
- As you grow in self-esteem, your face, manner, way of talking and moving will tend naturally to project the pleasure you take in being alive.~ Nathaniel Branden
- Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they are yours.~ Richard Bach
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.~ Sam Walton
- Never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.
~ Anthony Trollope