51 Courage Quotes to Free You from Fear
Welcome to Courage Quotes!
Without courage nothing is possible. Even to take action, one needs courage.
No one is born without fear. However, letting fear dominate your life will disable you from taking any action. Be courageous, reign in your fear and live life.
Fear is one emotion that radiates itself very easily. For example, if you are afraid of any person, then that person immediately senses your fear and can take advantage of you. However, if you conquer your fear and face the situation bravely, he cannot sense your fear.
The quotes given below explain what courage is and how to use it.
Courage Quotes 1
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.~ Mark Twain
- Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.
~ Samuel Johnson
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
~ Ambrose Redmoon
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
~ Winston Churchill
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow.
~ Mary Anne Radmacher
Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.
~ Dan Rather
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.
~ Julius Caeser
- It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.~ Mark Twain
- Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.~ Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
- Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.- Franklin P. Jones
Courage Quotes 2
- Sometimes the biggest act of courage is a small one.~ Lauren Raffo
- Fear and courage are brothers.~ Proverb
- Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.~ C.S. Lewis
- One man with courage makes a majority.~ Andrew Jackson
- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.~ Raymond Lindquist
- When we are afraid we ought not to occupy ourselves with endeavoring to prove that there is no danger, but in strengthening ourselves to go on in spite of the danger.~ Mark Rutherford
- Courage is tiny pieces of fear all glued together.~ Irisa Hail
- True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason.~ Alfred North Whitehead
- To live with fear and not be afraid is the final test of maturity.~ Edward Weeks
- A man of courage never wants weapons.- Author Unknown
Courage Quotes 3
- It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.~ Aesop
- A brave arm makes a short sword long.~ Author Unknown
- For without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived.~ John F. Kennedy
- Courage is fear that has said its prayers.~ Dorothy Bernard
- Courage is... the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.~ David Ben-Gurion
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.~ Plato
- Optimism is the foundation of courage.~ Nicholas Murray Butler
- Courage is as often the outcome of despair as of hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other everything to gain.~ Diane de Poitiers
- Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.~ John Wayne
- Perfect courage means doing unwitnessed what we would be capable of with the world looking on.~ François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Courage Quotes 4
- Courage is the fear of being thought a coward.~ Horace Smith
- Courage is to feel the daily daggers of relentless steel and keep on living.~ Douglas Malloch
- Courage is nine-tenths context. What is courageous in one setting can be foolhardy in another and even cowardly in a third.~ Joseph Epstein
- A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.~ Arthur Koestler
- I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.~ Harper Lee
- A timid person is frightened before a danger, a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterward.~ Jean Paul Richter
- Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace.~ Amelia Earhart
- Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.~ Clare Booth Luce
Courage Quotes 5
- The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly.~ Corra Harris
- A coward turns away, but a brave man's choice is danger.~ Euripides
- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.~ John Quincy Adams
- Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado.~ Menander
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- Many would be cowards if they had courage enough.~ Thomas Fuller
- Fortune favors the brave.~ Virgil
- Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue.~ Thomas Fuller
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.~ Billy Graham
- Courage is grace under pressure.~ Ernest Hemingway
- Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.~ Japanese proverb
- The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out and meet it.~ Thucydides
^Top of Page