51 Courage Quotes to Free You
Welcome to Courage Quotes!
Without courage nothing is possible. Even to take action, one needs courage.
No one is born without fear. However, letting fear dominate your life will disable you from taking any action. Be courageous, reign in your fear and live life.
Fear is one emotion that radiates itself very easily. For example, if you are afraid of any person, then that person immediately senses your fear and can take advantage of you. However, if you conquer your fear and face the situation bravely, he cannot sense your fear.
The quotes given below explain what courage is and how to use it.
Courage Quotes 1
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
- Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.
- It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
- Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
- Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.
- Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
- Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
Courage Quotes 2
- Sometimes the biggest act of courage is a small one.
- Fear and courage are brothers.
- Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
- One man with courage makes a majority.
- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
- When we are afraid we ought not to occupy ourselves with endeavoring to prove that there is no danger, but in strengthening ourselves to go on in spite of the danger.
- Courage is tiny pieces of fear all glued together.
- True courage is not the brutal force of vulgar heroes, but the firm resolve of virtue and reason.
- To live with fear and not be afraid is the final test of maturity.
- A man of courage never wants weapons.
Courage Quotes 3
- It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
- A brave arm makes a short sword long.
- For without belittling the courage with which men have died, we should not forget those acts of courage with which men have lived.
- Courage is fear that has said its prayers.
- Courage is... the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- Optimism is the foundation of courage.
- Courage is as often the outcome of despair as of hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other everything to gain.
- Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
- Perfect courage means doing unwitnessed what we would be capable of with the world looking on.
- François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Courage Quotes 4
- Courage is the fear of being thought a coward.
- Courage is to feel the daily daggers of relentless steel and keep on living.
- Courage is nine-tenths context. What is courageous in one setting can be foolhardy in another and even cowardly in a third.
- A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
- Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.
- I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.
- A timid person is frightened before a danger, a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterward.
- Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace.
- Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.
Courage Quotes 5
End of Courage Quotes.
- The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly.
- A coward turns away, but a brave man's choice is danger.
- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
- Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado.
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.
- Many would be cowards if they had courage enough.
- Fortune favors the brave.
- Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue.
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.
- The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out and meet it.
- Courage is grace under pressure.
- Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
^Top of Page
The ebook The Magic of Affirmations is now available for sale at amazon.com