High Self Esteem for a Fulfilling Life
High self esteem equips us better to cope with life’s adversities, makes us more resilient, more creative in our work, ambitious, optimistic, open to challenges and so on.
Being more resilient means we are more able to resist pressure to succumb to despair or defeat. When we become more creative in our work, we are more likely to be successful.
The more ambitious we tend to be, the more opportunities open up for us in every area of life. Higher self esteem also means better relationships. It also means that we don’t perceive others as threats, which enables us to give respect to others, be benevolent and help whoever needs help.
Simply put, high self esteem means feeling good about ourselves, having a very positive self image, a high sense of self worth, respecting one’s own self and accepting and loving oneself without any conditions.
New research also shows that high self-esteem means better health.
Advantages of High Self Esteem
It has been found that there is a direct relationship between people’s feelings about themselves and their productivity. People with positive self esteem are almost always successful in life, whatever be their line of activity.
The following list discusses some advantages of having a high self esteem.
- High self-esteem makes people accept responsibility. As they are confident of their abilities, they don’t mind taking the responsibility for their deeds.
- These are people with a strong conviction. They are sure of themselves and believe in whatever they do. Once they have taken a decision, they are unwavering in its implementation.
- Such people are aware that the world is made up of other people also and that these people also have needs and expectations. Hence, they have a caring attitude about others and they are apt to lend a ear to others.
- Positive self esteem breeds optimism. Such people are more likely to have an attitude of seeing a glass half full rather than half empty. Positive thinking is their mantra.
- People with high self-esteem are internally driven. They don’t need external motivation. This makes them ambitious and ready for action. They will never be satisfied with what they have and will always try to achieve more.
- They are always on the lookout for new opportunities and challenges. They are ever ready for positive changes and are looking for new fields to test their abilities.
- Such people have faith in their abilities and are always trying to improve themselves. Hence, they accept criticism positively. They are also able to give and take compliments without any embarrassment.
Thus, we see that positive self esteem is synonymous with confidence, generosity, ambition, optimism and success. If you look at successful people in any field, you will find that they have high self worth. As the saying goes, “Unless you value yourself, nobody else will”.
High and Low Self Esteem - A Comparison
|Talks about ideas
||Talks about people (gossip)
|Gives importance to character
||Gives importance to reputation
||Attitude of criticism
|Courage of conviction
||Follows the majority
||Rebels against authority
||Stingy and calculating
|Ready to accept responsibility
||Always blames others
|Optimist (glass half full)
||Pessimist (glass half empty)
|Ready to discuss
||Ready to argue
|Evaluates self worth
||Evaluates net worth
|Practices self discipline
||Has distorted sense of freedom
High self-esteem is necessary for success. It is also essential for
peace of mind and happiness. Not just material gains but advances in
spirituality are also facilitated by high self esteem.
Self Esteem is too important a topic to be left alone. Work on it in a
variety of ways.
One way is through hypnosis. As you are aware, hypnosis is
a powerful way of influencing the subconscious.
If you can manage to listen to hypnosis CDs or MP3s, once in the morning and
once at night before sleeping, it will do wonders to your progress.
If you search in Google, you will find literally thousands of sites offering
hypnosis CDs or MP3 downloads on a variety of topics.
It is very easy to get
confused about choosing the hypnosis website that is best for you.
you cannot test the CDs or MP3s from many sites and then decide which is the best. I have done
that job for you.
Being a trained hypnotist myself, it was easy for me to check out the best
hypnosis CDs and MP3s in the market.
So here goes. I found the following CDs
and MP3 downloads on various issues of self esteem as one of the best on the internet.
Click on each link below to learn more about the download and then decide
whether you would like to buy them. What is wonderful about them is that they
come with a 90-day money-back guarantee. Go get them!
^Top of Page
The ebook The Magic of Affirmations is now available for sale at amazon.com