30 Success Quotes that Explain Success
Welcome to Success Quotes which will help you define success.
See what famous and successful people have to say about success.
But seriously, what is success? Different people have different answers for this question.
Some people equate success with money. It means the more money you have, the more successful you are. Is it so?
For some others, success means achieving the goals that you have set. For example, winning a medal in the Olympic Games, becoming CEO of a company, etc.
And then there are some others who measure success as the positive impact that their work has on the lives of other people.
Success quotes given below give the different perspectives of different people about success.
There are many people who view success as a journey and not as a destination. Read the success quotes given below to find your own definition of success.
Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.
- Success is a journey, not a destination.~ Ben Sweetland
- There is only one success - to be able to spend your life your own way.~ Christopher Morley
- You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments or publicity.~ Dr. O. A. Battista
- If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.~ Henry David Thoreau
- Success follows doing what you want to do. There is no other way to be successful.~ Malcolm Forbes
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.~ Robert Collier
- Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.~ Malcolm Forbes
- A minute's success pays the failure of years.~ Robert Browning
- Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon... must inevitably come to pass!~ Paul J. Meyer
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.~ Bill Cosby
- Today's preparation determines tomorrow's achievement.~ Source unknown
- Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can.~ Henry Drummond
- You must do the thing you think you cannot do.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.~ Mary Pickford
- Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.~ Doug Larson
- Sow a thought, and you reap an act;- Source unknown
Sow an act, and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit, and you reap a character;
Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.
- Success doesn’t mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives. It means winning the war, not every battle.~ Edwin C. Bliss
- When I was a young man I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work.~ George Bernard Shaw
- The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.~ Anonymous
- Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.~ Winston Churchill
- Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.~ Winston Churchill
- There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no insurmountable barrier except our own inherent weakness of purpose.~ Elbert Hubbard
- Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.~ Andrew Carnegie
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.~ Abraham Lincoln
- If at first you do succeed, try something harder.~ Ann Landers
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.~ Vince Lombardi
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.- Henry David Thoreau
^Top of Page
The ebook The Magic of Affirmations is now available for sale at amazon.com